Fall is the perfect time of year to enjoy chili. I love having it for leftovers on busy sports nights, making a hearty pot on ‘game day,’ or having it ready to fill kids up before going out Trick-or-Treating.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 onion
- 1/2 tsp. salt (or to taste)
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 30 oz. can kidney beans
- 1 30 oz can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 15 oz. can tomato sauce
1. Dice onion and sauté on med-high along with ground beef in large sauce pan. Drain.
2. Season with salt and spices.
3. When meat is brown, add kidney beans, diced tomatoes, and tomato sauce.
4. Simmer on low until heated through.
I couldn’t have a bowl of chili without cornbread on the side. It’s easy to make from scratch.
Visit these sites for some great cornbread recipes: