One of my favorite things to do is love people with food. This year we joined forces with friends to create a vacation auction package get away for one of our favorite charities. They offered their vacation home and I supplied the meals. Some of our friends got the winning bid so it made it extra fun being their chef! I invited my daughter and son-in-law along and they helped me in the kitchen and did the clean-up so I could enjoy our company.
Serving the food was fun and easy to do with Dream Dinners.
Breakfast Egg and Potato Crust*
Quiches- I make them from scratch using Pillsbury Pie Crust, Egg Beaters, vegetables and bacon bits, cheese, and a couple of shakes of Tabasco sauce. See recipe below.
Late Lunch/Early Dinner:
I just add some sides of bread and a salad to complete each meal.
With Dream Dinners, I don’t have to bring all the ingredients. I spend less time cooking and more time with our guests. It didn’t even seem like work, we all enjoyed the gorgeous river home and great times together.
If you are using two entrees for one meal, try pairing seafood with a red meat. With other entrees, make sure the flavors complement each other.
Breakfast Egg and Potato Crust (Hash Brown Casserole)
- 4 cups frozen hash browns
- 2 cups non-fat cottage cheese
- 4 dashes Tabasco sauce
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1 cup diced ham
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- ½ cup grated Swiss cheese
- 1 ½ cups non-fat egg substitute
- Spray a 9” deep dish pie plate with non-stick cooking spray.
- Spread the hash browns evenly on the bottom and up the sides of the pie plate and set aside. In a bowl, mix together the cottage cheese, Tabasco, scallions, ham, salt & pepper and then spread evenly on top of the hash browns. Sprinkle with Swiss cheese and pour the eggs over the top.
- Bake 350 degrees, 30-40 minutes.